Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What Kind Of Love Is This? Part 1

January 10, 2008



John 3:16 (NIV)

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
In my last message we looked at Genesis 22, when God ask Abraham to give him an offering that meant everything to him. He asked him to give his son as a sacrifice, but when Abraham show that he would give is son of promise to God…. see January 5, 2008 message and read Genesis 22.

The bible tells us what kind of love would give up an only son to die for a people who did not have to do anything to deserve. What an awesome love! If you thing that you are a mistake, and no one love you, or no one care, well let me tell you, you are wrong and sadly mistaken. Before the foundation of the world God had you on His mind. You put a smile on His face when He thought about making you into His image.

You are a Masterpiece

Genesis 9:6 (NIV)
6 "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man.

Psalm 139 (NIV)
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
Genesis 1:27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Romans 8:29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

No comments: